Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Season's End, but not really

Since I've last spoke to you bloggers and friends I had just finished my last track meet of the season in Atlanta. Of late work, church, friends, and more work has occupied much of my time. I haven't been getting as many hours as I would like or need to, so I may end up looking for another job or source of income. (Keep me in your prayers). Outside of work I have been trying to do some studying on investing, which has always sparked my interest. Now I only need some money to put my newfound knowledge to use right, lol.

Aside from these things I've talked with my coach about the gameplan for offseason and the remainder of this season. Yes, the season isn't over just because I've stopped competing. I can't close out my season until the actual Professional season is over or I could run the risk of being too out of shape when we resume practice, or I could end up being worn out right around the time I need to be on fully. It made sense and Im now starting to grasp the reason why.

So it looks like I have another month of training for conditioning sake before I can completely shut it down for a few weeks break. As a rookie it was weird hearing that I should continue training even when my season is over. Like I said in past posts, this year has really been a big introductory and learning year for me in what to expect and how all of the elements fit into the pro realm of track and field. Until next time bloggers. This is the life...of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment