Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Back at it

My flight into Orlando this morning was pretty late, like past midnight late. I wasn't too shaken up with the delayed arrival, other than the very rocky landing. I usually don't go to sleep until at least 12 anyway, so I just tried to think like I didn't fly, but had just been up all day. It helped for the most part.

I woke up to an early sunrise to head to the track and get back to work. Im happy I have a chance to come home between my meets because sometimes you can get pretty unmotivated under stressful situations. I didn't even realize it, but my coach went out of town after practice and I was looking forward to getting some damage done on the track this week. Not sure if our unofficial assistant coach will be there tomorrow to help out, but I wouldn't bet money on it. That means that I will have to come prepared tomorrow to push myself and solely get the job done.

Im actually pretty excited about my next meet this weekend. It will be in Atlanta and we have TWO ROUNDS of the 400m hurdles! That almost never happens. Sprinters always like to have more than one round because it allows you to not only get the first-race jitters out, but it also allows you to fix what issues come up in the preliminary round. Needless to say I will focus on a few things the first round then try to tighten up the following day in the finals.

This is actually my first time going to Atlanta (besides the unforgettable night I spent in their airport). Thats a totally different story. Anyways I hear Atlanta is a great city and has a lot of opportunities for educated African Americans. Not that Im planning on moving or living there, but I think it will be cool to get a glimpse of an upcoming city in which I've never been. Aside from positive features I also hear it has its several very notable downs. If you don't know...you should probably ask someone. Hopefully I don't have any problems either way. I head for the ATL Friday morning so I will try and give you all an update when I arrive. The life of...a traveling man :) I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment