Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sports Research

As a rookie professional I naturally have a LOT of questions and am very very curious about everything involved. I need to know things that will help me make informed decisions on things like agents, vitamins/supplements, meets, sponsors, etc. Since I was not a great stand-out athlete in college, rather an underdog athlete with limited resources, I have to acquire most of this information for myself. As much as I welcome it, people don't go around telling you all the in's and outs of the sport. I have however, been asking some of my teammates who are sponsored and my coach for information on the rather immense list.

Of late I have been researching topic of vitamins and supplements. Im always disappointed when I hear of athletes (especially T&F) doping and continually drawing negative attention to the sport. I really don't like the idea of having to take something for my body to perform at maximum capacity during workouts or competition. I would much more prefer to get all of my vitamins through my regular food intake. That way I would feel more accomplished with no question as to whether the powered mix helped me out or was it my body's natural strength and stamina.

Some people may argue that most of the vitamins and supplements are natural, they're just extracted from whatever meats, fruits, or vegetables they are found in. My response for that is that "God put everything he wanted in everything he wanted (Dr. Mike; Spirit of Faith). Extracting these vitamins is not natural, therefore I would rather acquire mine from food intake. However, I am interested to know and understand this issue so if there is no better way of gathering the necessary microbes, enzymes, and the like then I may be willing to take supplements.
Im just in the very early stages of research on this topic so I will keep everyone posted on any relevant or helpful findings. FEEL FREE TO COMMENT :)

No comments:

Post a Comment