Thursday, December 17, 2009

More Fun

Today was another awesome day at practice. We did hurdles again and Im having a great time with them. We had some unfortunate gale force winds today in the valley, but it didn't effect me as much as I thought it would. I cut through the wind a little bit, but even with it being so strong my power was carrying me through very efficiently.

Also, Im starting to change my mind towards a professional athlete mentality. There have been times where Im like "are you serious, you want me to run what? How fast?" You have to understand as a collegiate athlete there were things that you just weren't ready for early in the season, and we are breaking those mental barriers here. Im getting comfortable with my body being uncomfortable (if you understand). Im really learning how to force the mind to overcome difficult tasks. I have been able to get through workouts hitting the right pace and still have a good amount of energy left afterwards. Thank God for supernatural power everyday!

After the hurdle work that we do every T/TH we have a workout on the track as well. When I first started I would think I thought we just did our workout for today. lol, how wrong I was. I've had one of my hardest workouts thus far after a hurdle day, not fun. However, my body is getting more adapted to this type of training and Im getting into elite shape. I can feel my steps getting more powerful and my speed getting better. I love it.

Today coach let me in on a secret for when Im tired and my legs seem like they just wont move. The technique is to help compensate for the fatigue in your body and allow you to keep up that high intensity..it worked! (You thought I was gonna tell you, huh?)

No comments:

Post a Comment