Monday, September 14, 2009

Aunt Nay

Yesterday was my Aunt Nay's Birthday. She is an astonishing 85 years wise, and still rolling. I started the day out going to the early church service then came back for a nap. I really wasn't planning on sleeping for 3 hours, but from all of my house searching the day before I was pretty tired. Luckily I woke up just in time to get down to the house where they were sitting the food out and gathering for prayer.

I was happy to finally meet my cousins Wonzel, Darryl, Willie, and Alvin. They're all older and have kids, but it was good to catch up with some more family. I met Willie's son who seemed like a pretty smart guy. He's about 16 or so and plays basketball and baseball. Also among the star studded guests were my cousin Jackie (Aunt Jackie she says to call her) and her husband Jimmy-Lee. They are truly hilarious; they always have stories to tell and are both pretty animated so I try to ease my way over whenever I hear an uproar that either of them are in middle of. I also met Netta and her grandchildren KK and Kameron. KK is a pretty little girl probably about 9 and her cute little brother Kameron is only about 3. He was crying a lot yesterday, but I know he is going to be a lil G when he grows up...it runs in the family.

Aunt Nay was in and out of the spotlight all afternoon because she was a little sick. She had a small cough and her nose was running, but that would not keep her from thanking all of the family for showing up on another special day for her. There was plenty of eathing going around, and Aunt Nay ate more than she usually does, which was good to see. Im sure she was up in Spirits with all of her cousins, nephews, and grandchildren around.

The whole ordeal only lasted about 5 hours before people started heading out, which I thought was pretty short for a family gathering. It was sunday and some people traveled from around Florida (Miami) to join us so I could see why they would leave a little earlier. I guess all good things come to and end, or at least a halt, at some point or another. I stood on the porch talking to Darryl, Wonzel, and Greg (Porsche's Husband) about track, fishing, and cars for a while.

I was probably one of the last people to leave the house that night at about 930. I was keeping Aunt Nay company after she said she couldn't sleep very well, and had decided to eat some chocolates someone had brought over. I decided to have a few pieces of coconut cake that Porsche made, that had everyone talking earlier that day. I think that was my first coconut cake that I've had and it was really good. Porsche is another one of the great cooks in the family. Im working on mine still. At half time of the Green Bay game I headed back down the street to take it down after a full day of excitement. All in all, today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment