Thursday, May 27, 2010

Good Things

One of the main reasons I haven't been on the computer is just that I don't have as much time (ie. Im not forcing myself to stay up wee hours in the night for all the facebook updates and wall posts...yea fb is a problem). Instead I've determined to at least try to start heading in a better direction and allow my body to get the rest and nutrients it needs.

Of late I've been reading and researching about eating healthy and several other vital elements our body needs to function at optimal efficiency. The book is by Dr. Don Colbert titled, The Seven Pillars of Health. In it he describes seven main areas where almost every person (especially americans) can improve on for their body to "get back to creation" essentially. As you know our bodies are very complex and intricately designed not only to sustain our active lifestyles, but to ward off diseases and toxins we encounter on a daily basis too. Some of the pillars include the importance of water, sleep and rest, eating living foods, and coping/eliminating stress. I am learning a whole lot from the book and I feel that the small changes Im implementing are already showing results in my practices and my job.

Speaking of practice it has been going much better and it is safe to say I've gotten into a comfortable rythm to where my hurdle days are not so scary. I used to get mini anxiety attacks going into hurdle practice for fear of messing up, not doing exactly what coach wanted, or being mentally fatigued, all of which ended up wearing on me and came to pass for the most part. The past 2.5 weeks have been much better and I've been more relaxed, faster, and more confident.

Some things that helped me out, which I would recommend you do if you have any similar life issues, is to have someone to discuss what you feel is going on. Try identifying what is causing any mental or physical blocks, and when you discover them do what is necessary to erradicate them. Next I read the Bible (you may be surprised how comforting it is to your issues). I am a Christian, and have grown up in church all my life, but the Bible isn't just for "religion". It literally has advice and substantial wisdom in MANY areas of any persons regular lifestyle. I try take a little time out every day to read The Word, but I have really been activating it with my faith, and in so doing have seen amazing results. I challenge you to try the Word in truth and sincerity and see if it doesn't help comfort and lead you to a better life. There is one last thing I've chose to do in efforts to eliminate the stresses of life, bills, and worry. I've kept my mind off worry and instead have done things I like such as listened to music, reading books, or (my favorite) watching a good movie, usually comedy, that takes my mind off my cares. After these things I always feel much better. If you have worries, bills, and problems that are disturbing you it doesn't help to pout about them. If you clear your mind and relax your body you will be in a better mental position where you can think clearly and solve your problems.

In addition to these changes I've been trying to implement a better nutrition intake for myself and get the necessary 7-9 hours of sleep each day. On days that I know I'll be working my evening job, and possibly miss out on my full nights sleep, I try to get in a nap after practice. This way my body will allow itself to jumpstart the recovery thing for a little while so it can pick up later that night. Drop a comment to say what helps you get over stress. The life of...DKtG

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea how I get over stress... I just like to think everything will work itself out in the end =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to do something or it will really take a toll on you, seriously. A lot of diseases and chronic pains can be attributed to high stress levels not to mention high blood pressure and heart attacks. Check it out

    ReplyDelete