Thursday, May 27, 2010

Relaxing with the fam

I haven't been on my computer for a few reasons lately, but there is a lot to talk about. I guess since my last post I've been had the pleasure of taking some down time about a week ago. I went to see my family out near Daytona, and could use a release from my world over here. I feel that even though your family may get on your nerves or ask you for strange requests, I feel that there is still a sense of tranquility around them. Plus the alluring sounds of waves on the beachside help too, lol. So I had a chance to visit my family, my Aunt Nay (who is doing very well), and my two favorite little cousins who always keep me on my toes Arrington and lil Zae.

I went over my lil guys house and hung out with them for a while trying to figure out if we could go somewhere. By the time we had our plan to go watch Iron Man 2 it was already 8pm and their grandma wasn't having that! I guess I'll have to catch up with them next time and have a plan on the way over there so we can put it into action immediately.

Aside from hanging out with the young fellas I had a chance to go down to this "Old Fort Park" which is part of some archeological ruins from Native Americans that inhabited the area roughly 400 years ago. They had a gospel festival at the park where I had a chance to meet a few old friends of my cousin (those of whom my grandma would probably remember). I also met the pastor and assistant pastor of the church most of the older members of the family grew up in...pretty cool. Personally, its fun to hear about history through the stories of others; its much better than reading books, lmbo.

Speaking of history, I was shocked and intrigued to hear that Edwin Moses, the great and most winning 400 meter hurdler ever, could be seen running around the streets where my family grew up. My uncle Jimmy said that the Moses family lived down the way from the family and young Edwin used to be around. I don't think that he lived there, but apparently he had family that he would visit in that same area. Pretty cool!

After a long and tiring day I had yet to complete one final task: putting together a TV stand for my aunt. It was already past 10 and I still had an hour drive back to Orlando that night. I think one of the things keeping me there was the fact that there was an NBA game on at the same time, lol. If I didn't have something to keep my attention I would have crashed right there on the floor. Fortunately I pulled myself together and made it back safely just before 1am to plop into my own cozy bed for the night. The life of...a family man...Track news up next

1 comment:

  1. If I were you I would have crashed there lol Glad you're enjoying yourself down there =)

    ReplyDelete