Monday, April 12, 2010

Miami

Well Miami was definitely an experience not to be forgotten. I don't know if it was all the excitement from being there for the "first" time, being able to chat it up with family members and learn some more about our past, breaking bread with one of my old high school coaches and a former teammate from back in the day.

I would say its a combo of all of that. I will tell you that in Miami I saw the most luxury and exotic sport cars (outside of the auto show) in one place at the same time, lol. Ferrari's, Lambo's, my Audi R8, Aston Martin, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Range Rover, BMW, Mercedes, the list goes on. As you know Im a huge car guy and I was absolutely in love down there.

Miami is a real city. It has a large population, a big downtown, a lot of events and festivals all the time, a myriad of ethnicities (a personal favorite), great places to hang out and eat, and of course an amazing beach area. Even though I didn't grow up IN a city I have always been drawn by them. Orlando is a cool place to visit and what not, but not my kind of "city".

Another reason I enjoyed my time there so much is because I stayed with family and had a chance to get to know some of them a lot better. I love the thought of reconnecting and staying in contact with family. Some of the best times are those when you sit and listen to the old folks talk about their stories and how things used to be back then. Its just like reading a good mystery or suspense book, just cant leave it alone for too long.

It was too bad that no one saw me run because of Miami's CRAZY traffic, but they seemed a bit more upset than I. Our relay team was either unwilling or unable to run so I ended up traveling 240 miles for less than 50 seconds, lmbo. I love my job! I did run much better than last week and felt like I was supposed to feel during and after the 400. Im still on the cusp of running fast, and I know how I can do it I just have to pull it out of myself. I kept up my streak of "not getting out" in the open 400, which is the one major key to having a successful race. If anyone has any tips for 400 starts please feel free to jot down a comment. Its funny that I haven't really had such a problem with starting fast in the 400 Hurdles, its just the open 4; weird huh?

Going forward coach said we're back on track to start getting work in over hurdles, YESS! Im not scheduled to run again until May 1 in the Bahamas, heeey. Instead I have decided to really try to get my sprint shape under control and focus on getting back on the hurdles. Im thinking that my first hurdle (test) race won't be until May 6th in Orlando, but we'll see how the training progresses. This...is my life

No comments:

Post a Comment