Thursday, April 1, 2010

Florida Relays

Its here folks. The gun will go off tomorrow at around noon to kick off the FL Relays. On the line is the "state championships" for the respective area teams. Its looking like the weather is going to be amazing (81 degrees and sunny). Hopefully all the athletes have been hydrating throughout the week, so we don't have to postpone anything due to heat exhaustion. Hey, I've seen it happen before...pretty crazy!

The Star Athletics team (ie. my training camp) looked well prepared and had a great practice to close the week out going into the meet. I felt alive and well, lol, and am looking forward to a successful weekend all in all. For me this meet is a large one only in the sense that I havent competed in a little less than a year and have been awaiting my debut. Im ready to test out the legs and get a feel for the race while I rev my competitive juices. The race strategy that we're going for is to get out hard and keep burning it up. It is more of a race to determine where my practices will go from here.

Im also looking forward to seeing the mens 110 Hurdles in action, our womens hurdlers, and of course I have to keep tabs on my 400H event, so that should be interesting. Open events are tomorrow on Friday and all relays will go off Sat afternoon. I'll let everyone know how the meet finished up over the next few days. As for now I've gotta pack and cook dinner before I go into work for a few hours. As important as track is right now...I still have to pay the bills. This is the life of a hard worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment