Thursday, February 25, 2010

Vacation from vacation

Hey there bloggers whats up! This is DK signing in for more live news. I have been pretty unconsistent with the posts recently due to some unanticipated changes in my schedule. Recently it seems like I've been working every day at one place or another. Thankfully I do have a job that pays my bills, so that is always better.

Last weekend I had a chance to take a much needed trip back home for a break. What is funny is that during the winter months people don't normally go FROM Florida TO Michigan. Florida is an ultimate vacation spot, but I needed a break. I wanted to run at UofMichigan that weekend, but due to the knee issue I decided to simply enjoy time with family. It seemed like I was only there for about 2 days, but it was really 4. I traveled most of the time; all morning Thursday then a 6 hour drive Saturday morning and a similar return trip of 5 hours on Sunday morning turning right around to fly back on that night.

Saturday I accompanied my parents to Derek, younger brother's, hoop game in the upper peninsula of Michigan at his school. It was the first time I had ever been up there so it was kinda a new experience for me. At first I didn't want to go because so much time was spent traveling, but I really wanted to see my brother so I made the trip. Derek's team won the game by 2 points that weekend and are now in the playoffs trying to secure the top spot in the conference. Afterwards most of the families from the team went to dinner ane we had an opportunity to meet everyone. As small as the school is and as far North as it is, there are some really good people that go to his school and overshadows the fact that its very small and in the UP. Everyone up there seemed really nice and pretty cool so Im happy things are working out for Derek. He is only a Freshman, but is showing a lot of promise for the future. He has started a little less than half the season. Im really proud of my him, and can appreciate the excellent work I see him doing on and off the court. He's a better student than I was and I thought I was doing something, lol.

The time I was actually at my parents house I just watched a few movies, worked out once, ate a lot of really good food, and talked a lot with my parents. I hung out with David, my older brother, a lot less than I wanted to, but since we're out of school and have jobs its not as easy to hang out like it was on Christmas breaks. Two of my high school friends (Lindsey and her sister) came over to see me for a few hours. Its always good to see them.

So, I was able to get another break from intense training, enjoyed Michigan, and saw some of my family and friends. This is the life of a family man.

No comments:

Post a Comment