Thursday, February 4, 2010

Back on Track!

Hey bloggers, I havent been doing a lot of writing on here because I was constantly treating my legs and working toward healing. At times it was a challenging process but I've whethered the storm and God has helped bring me out. I was constantly praying and believing in faith that I am healed. At first I started doubting it when I was struck with excruciating pain, but as I learned from an excellent book I've been reading and would recommend to anyone, "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale, you have to change your thinking and speaking before you get results in this world. So thats what I did, and started to make a quick recovery from that point forward. Mind you...I am still exactly 2 weeks ahead of schedule as to when I was encouraged to come back. Faith and Prayer works.

As can be expected, I'm really excited! This week I have been able to train on the track instead of the boring workouts that seemed to go on forever in the pool. I've even moved from the grass back to the red carpet! I have been training on it all week and am just kind of getting back into the swing of things. Unfortunately, I have obviously lost some of my endurance and have been passed out after these 'easy' practices. I have to get back in the swing of it, but I've noticed a very rapid improvement from day-day in my fitness level, which is to be expected. Im sure just about any athlete that has had a problem with their body you're always a little hesitant about getting back to your full throttle when you recover, ya know. You have to be confident that they past has past and you are well enough to continue training again. So thats the good news, Im back training now.

More on the track news...I've been keeping loose tabs on a few runners (teammates and friends) that have been competing the past few weeks. Team USA has been on an early roll this season which is great to see after a less than great showing in Beijing. We'll come back strong the next few years, Im sure. Terrance Trammel has the fastest time in the world (7.49) since last weekend in the 60HH. Dave Oliver, the Howard Alum, also clocked a fast time of 7.57 a few days ago, good enough for 8th in the world in the same event. A few of my teammates Damu Cherry-Mitchell and Kellie Wells ran some of the fastest times in the world also coming in around 8 flat in their hurdle races. PLUS I want to congratulate my former teammate Landria Buckley for an outstanding couple of performances at her last few meets running two new PRs in the hurdles at 8.35 and 8.32.

I know you all are anxious for me to start competing and broadcasting from that perspective, but I wont be competing until outdoor season for sure, and it may not be until mid-April. It is coming sooner than we all think so look out for the good news! Until then keep up with me on the track progress and I'll talk with ya soon. This is the life of a recovered athlete!

No comments:

Post a Comment