Friday, February 26, 2010

Stay Focused

This week was a great breakthrough for me. Not so much in the sense of workouts, or discovering some intricate track secret, but just in general. I had a great week of practice. It was very challenging from the start due to my late flight back to FL Sunday night then waking up to cool temps for a intense track workout. I feel much more confident about my legs, and my knees haven't been giving any serious troubles at all.

I can finally see my endurance base starting to take shape in my workouts wherein each day training seems to get easier. I've been able to get back to the pace where I left off before the knee issue which is very encouraging. Hopefully we can drop the time by another second or two per 100 and start to really do some damage on the track.

Im learning a lot from my coach and training partners about running mechanics, dealing with unanticipated circumstances, and how to compete on the pro level. This season is going to be great, and Im looking to put out some nice times early. As for competition Im sure you have been wondering when & where I might be running first. Coach and I talked loosely and decided it would be best to open up sometime in April. Coach wants me to open up at the University of Miami with the 400I Hurdles, but to run a leg in the 4x4 at Florida Relays the week prior. The Florida Relay meet is April 3/4 and Miami is the next weekend on the 10th.

We haven't gotten back on the hurdles since January so Im hoping that the training will go well enough so that Im ready to run the hurdles in Miami. It seems like a lot to do seeing as Im just starting to get into track shape, then I have to get some type of sprinting base down while still preparing to be in hurdle shape. Sometimes you don't realize how much hurdlers have to train and get ready for (toughest events). On paper you can see that I have my work cut out, but Im determined to get on the track early April. Check back weekly and I'll keep you all posted on the training status. This is the life of dedication!

No comments:

Post a Comment