Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Training Update

Alright, So Im finally starting to get things together here and settle in to a regular thing. I just found out that I will not begin official practice until Oct. 28th. I've kinda been waiting for this day to come and was upset to hear it was pushed back so much. This gives me more time to finalize prep and conditioning. One of my college friends said "You know that now you can't complain about practice when it gets here". Which is true. I've been so focused on starting that I had begun to neglect quality workouts. I figure that the push back is a good thing, and now I can really work these last two weeks and do it right.

I think one big reason for the practice excitement is that good feeling you get when working with a close-knit team. I miss that, and I started to get a little complacent in its absence. Good thing I caught that before I was throwing my guts up on the side of the track that first day. Anyways, so things are back on track and Im ready to conquer this year with full dedication on and off the track.

P.S. By the Grace of God I was able to secure a job down here, and I start on Thursday. It will be good to start doing something on a consistent basis to occupy my idle time during the days. Its been more than a month of self-training, no job, and no studying...Ahh! Doing nothing is more difficult than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment