Friday, October 30, 2009

PRACTICE!!!

Yes, Im talking about practice. Unlike Ivo, I actually like going to practice and challenging my body and mind every day, but it has definitely been just that. We started on this past Wednesday and boy did we hit the ground running. Being my first year as a professional athlete Im very excited, but thought I was unsure about what I should be doing versus not and if I am overdoing it at times? Coach Mitchell told me today that usually if a person says they needs some guidance in an area that person knows (generally) what things will hinder him in that area and shouldn't be doing it and what things are beneficial, they are just waiting for someone else to say it. I feel like that statement is true; I know my body, what things it rejects, what things help me, when to give attention to aches or not, what I need to do to stay healthy, etc.

After practices you can find any one of us sprawled our on the mat under awning sweated out and sore. It was funny because we talked about how each day when you wake up is a mystery because you don't know if you will be able to get out of bed or will have to settle for a roll off the side. I have to check before I step out of be if there are any areas that are more sore than others to brace myself. Kellie said she had that good ol' okiedok where she took a nap and felt pretty good that day but THE NEXT MORNING she had the old man arthritis syndrome getting up, lmbo! It definitely reminds you of how hard you are working each day.

Coach went around poking at each one of us while we persevered to help motivate us. He always holds a reminder of our dream dangling in front of us so that we don't forget. Those days when we forget our goals and dreams he won't, and makes you pull through. I will be strong enough each day to work my own motto: Push through the pain now so you won't have to later.

No comments:

Post a Comment