Thursday, October 22, 2009

Almost Here!

A lot has been happening lately. On Friday we had our first team outing at the Special Olympics Fundraising event in Orlando. We had a great time, and had a chance to get to know most everyone on the team. As the new guy, some guys on the team feel I have to prove myself, but thats none of my concern now. I never seem to have a problem in that area. Besides, I know Im in shape; at least enough shape to begin practice with the right tempo. Aside from that, I like the team and feel like this is definitely a good look.

On Monday and Wednesday I decided to go to the track and get in some workouts there. A few of us have been heading up to the track on a regular basis to get in some work. Monday we did loops around the track's fence (2 sets of 2) then 6 hills on Wed. Coach came to the track late Monday. He had a chance to see me going at the loops and was pretty pleased with my conditioning level. To add or enhance my approach to training I decided to get a track journal, which I'll write all of my workouts, aches, pains, and times down so I can better evaluate my work and body. Im feeling good and my endurance is showing up to be quite promising.

The Practice is almost here! I cant help but be nervous and a little anxious to get out to practice the first day. Most of the team is over 25, and have been doing this for some time. Im hoping that I dont get 'dragged' on these workouts. One of my good friends, Lauren, said I'll be straight and have nothing to worry about. I have been known to be in great shape for the early conditioning parts of the season, so I feel I should be alright at least for the first couple months; its the sprinting where I will need to catch up, literally (lol).

So practice is steadily creaping up, and we're beginning the awkward new guy/girl phase. Everything should be ok though. Thought I should mention that tomorrow is MY BIRTHDAY and Im excited to see how it goes!! One of the girls on the team asked if I wanted to do something, but being the new kid on the block Im not sure what all Orlando has to offer. Hopefully we can all get together and do SOMETHING! Someone give me some ideas, what should I do in Orlando for my birthday this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment