Thursday, March 31, 2011

COMPETITION!

Hey bloggers! Sorry for the delay, but I've been busy building up my customer base for my new business, and its going pretty well :). Like I've mentioned in previous posts and on facebook too; if the state of the world economy looks bad create your own economy and build a business. I've taken that to heart and I fully believe that my situation is turning around even as you read this. Matter of fact, if you'd like to see what I have to offer check out my website yourself: www.thedkshop.com. Aside in my foundation building for my business, I've been making some good gains on the track. I had my first meet last weekend. I don't know what time I officially ran, but the race felt pretty good. I had a decent start and pressed through the first 3 hurdles and maintained on the back stretch pretty well. Im was able to press a little more down the back stretch, but I started to get too comfortable and relaxed. By 300m I was out in front feeling pretty good, but subconsciously allowed my body to slow down which resulted in an unfortunate ending. I was passed up the last 10 meters for a 2nd place finish. I was pretty upset with myself for relaxing soo much and allowing my competitors a second chance. Fortunately, there is another day to compete and always a chance to learn from your mistakes. This next race I'll make good on getting out hard and pressing the back stretch all the way through the finish line. My next race is going to be tomorrow at around 4pm. I'll have an update for you all coming up shortly after the meet. Until later yall. This is the life of a man chasing his dreams. DK

No comments:

Post a Comment