Friday, April 1, 2011

More Racing

Hey yall bloggerz whats up? Im in the hotel reporting on the day, which proved to be a rather beyond poor day to race. There were a lot of "fast" people at the meet today ready to run their respective open events, but for some reason hardly anyone ran fast. So what were the conditions right? The temp was warm and the sun was out, but it didn't seem overly hot; the humidity seemed low-normal; the track felt like trying to run on ice for some reason; the wind was really gusting in a swirl and frequently changing directions. I guess you could say that the weather was less than perfect, but it was still quite a shock to see soo many people not running to their potential. I was no different, and didn't have the race I would have liked to, but there were some good things I can take from it. Coach said I looked really good for 200. Unfortunately, I run 400H so that doesn't help me so much. I need to find the second half of my race. For now, I'll just rest up for the 4x400 tomorrow and see if I can save any face, l0l. Im definitely going to need a sit-down with coach to discuss my race and where the disconnect is coming from. The thing that doesn't add up to me is that my practices are pretty good and my track workouts are much better than last year. Im sure we'll find the issue and set it right so I can make some grounds towards some goals. DK

1 comment: