Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Conditioning

Here it is!! The World Championship season is just down the street and the olympic year is soon approaching as well. As you may or may not know this coming 2011 year will be a world championship year, where many outstanding athletes will once again come together represent their countries and compete for medals. This championship event comes around every other year and you can think of it as a lesser publicized Olympic Games competition. Many people will be stepping up their training schedules and coming out of their hiatus' to perform their potentials this season, so everyone must be prepared when they step into that lane aiming to earn a spot on their country's championship team.

Speaking of training harder, I began my second week of fall conditioning yesterday, and am pretty encouraged. Last week was not too bad considering I took a complete month to do NO RUNNING WHATSOEVER!! lol. If you have had a chance to read some of my last posts, you'll know that I did stay pretty active, so I believe that had a large part of my conditioning start. Anyways, the soreness period is slowly leaving (Thank God) and I should be back to running at regular conditioning pace without any soreness. It will be just in time for our official season start on Oct. 25 (2 days after my birthday*). I am ready for this season and have a lot of people pulling on me to stay strong and "keep moving towards my goals". I can tell you from what little experience that I have, that your support team can really get you through some tough times, so I want to personally thank all of you all who have been there for me and will continue to push me toward greatness.

As far as conditioning I would say Im about where I need to be for now and that the next week and a half will get me into the shape I need to be in for practice with Coach Mitchell. This will be my sophomore year in the Pro life, but I feel like it is a rookie year all over again. I had so much confusion and anxiety last year that I didn't know what to expect. Now that I have been through a season and understand what is expected of me and what I should expect, I will be able to have better practices and ultimately better performances. As the season roars to an exciting start I am ready to take the reigns of this opportunity and carpe diem (Latin. seize the day). The life of...a warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment