Wednesday, November 18, 2009

On the Track

This week marks the beginning of our actual routine that we will get into and work out up through the start of indoor season. On Mondays we usually run something crazy then lift upper body; Tuesday is still crazy, but faster then lower body lift; Wed is LEG DAY which sounds about as bad as it is; Thursday is back to a faster paced workout which hurts soo much due to the prior 3 then upper body lift; and finally Friday we do a more technical day and a lower body lift. All of that is piled on top of standing up at the job after practice at least 4-5 times a week from anywhere between 6-9 hours. Talk about a tough schedule...the only thing I can't figure out is that whenever I have to work Im soo tired and want to just take a nap and rest. It doesn't matter what day I happen to work, but when Im not working and I feel like I should try to catch up on sleep, Im not tired and end up going somewhere or running errands the rest of the day. I've gotta get this thing straightened out man, lmbo!

Besides a tough 3 days of the week already we ended up having our 1st team meeting about team problems. Thankfully Im getting along with everyone and have not been such an issue to coach, but some others...hmmm. lets just say that a few of the team members happen to coincidentally have some urgent emergency on the same day every week, thus missing out on one of the more challenging workout days. Everyone has noticed prior today, but Coach Mitchell had enough of it and decided to speak on the matter and the consequences. I personally have always been a VERY hard working athlete and person on a general basis. I like to put my heart in the things that I do so that my choices/job/speech/etc exudes excellence (Part of HU charge to Alumni also) so that I can get out a greater benefit. I really get upset at people (even those who are naturals at something) who just don't try, or give up too easily. It drives me crazy sometimes that people want and want and want, but will not bother to put in the time it takes to actually get. I feel like if you will not do something with your whole mind and body then you may as well do something else because you 1)wont get the results you really want, 2)could be doing something else you are willing to put the effort into, 3) save a lot of others from wasting time trying to encourage, help, and motivate you to succeed. I always say that if you are going to do something you may as well do it to the best of your ability, whole-heartedly, so that you can be happy and thank God for what you've accomplished; anything less is just wasting time. It really isn't worth the mediocre or complacent struggle to get only half-way in a thing. Either get your priorities together, or collect your sorry efforts together and move on! SO, we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment