Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Pangs of Indoor

Hey bloggers, I hope you all Northerners are staying in a bundled up. I just got off the phone with my dad and he said they are expecting at least 12 inches of snow TONIGHT. It is supposed to be below zero with the windchill, and that makes for dangerous conditions. He said that this will be the worst winter storm in forty (40) years!! Now thats crazy.

Fortunately for me, I think I escaped the harsh northern winters just in time. Here in Florida its probably 65 right now 11:37pm and tomorrow it is forcasted to be in the 80s. If that isn't completely opposite weather I don't know what is. Thank God for the sunshine state, lol :)

Besides blizzards and delayed travel, tomorrow also marks the first day where a large group of the Star Athletics team will make the push up North...further than our North; Im talking Canada. It is the first weekend where we'll start to compete across borders so thats pretty exciting. In races its important to have good runs and really do your best because money is on the line and people gotta eat.

Unfortunately for me, I won't be accompanying the bulk of the team. I'll be here enjoying sunny FL weather. I was actually looking forward to running in that meet, but upon further review coach said that he would hold me out of another indoor season and continue to focus on and getting around the track outdoors. I can't be mad because I know I need some more training now and with meets on the weekends I would have to taper my workouts during the week leaving me with only small gains.

It kind of sucks though watching everyone on your team travel around the world and your still here. I mean I would have liked to get in at least an open 400 or maybe a 600 to work on some sprint endurance (even though I hate that race). Its all good though I will just have to keep my head in it and on the goals at hand. I will be able to use this training to propel me toward some meets in late March where I will be able to reap some of the benefits of not running indoor.

This week practice has been going really well (lol, I know its only Tues, but are harder days are Mon/Tues) and I made some decisions to get the workouts done. Its much easier to do physical or strenuous work when your mind is dreading what you do. Your thoughts control your emotions and your emotions determine how you perceive something, that then becomes your reality. Pretty serious huh? Guard your thoughts and make sure you don't speak negative about your situation. Being positive and speaking positive helps more than you may ever know. Well Im beat and ready to take it down...Catch yall later bloggerz!
DK

No comments:

Post a Comment