Friday, January 8, 2010

2010 Update!!

It has been a little while since I've spoken to you Blogspot, so Happy New Year to all those reading! Lately, I've been pretty busy with track, my studying, and work. I have actually missed several days on my Bible reading plan and on my personal track journal (for workouts) that I keep so you know its been busy. Fortunately, Im getting caught back up now.

Aside from the busy schedule, I have unfortunately run into a little snag. I have been sitting out the past week of practice due to a small problem in my knee. According to my Chiropractor and physical therapist I have some weak ligaments in my knee and have been advised to strengthen them and refrain from serious intensity practices for a few weeks. Like I said its nothing too troublesome, just an annoyance I guess.

Im not upset that I am not practicing right now, especially since its been SOO COLD in FL for the past week. Im more upset that I won't run in our first meet here in the Orlando area next week. My fitness level is probably the best or near best I've ever felt and Im getting stronger in the weight room so all that transposes to faster times on the track.I was really looking forward to running a fast time in the 400m dash, but it'll have to wait until next month probably.

So if you're reading this it wouldn't hurt to say a little prayer for me and a speedy strengthening and recovery period. This is the life of a track athlete...Thanks Bloggers!

2 comments:

  1. Whas up DK I will definitely say a prayer for you and u do the same for me. We run at George Mason and I'm lookin to run a fast time I been puttin in hurdle work for 3 weeks and I'm ready to see where I'm at. But take care of ya knee bcuz u needa get back on them hurdles asap. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just read...and said a prayer. It is well :-) That knee better act right!

    ReplyDelete